How Organizations Can Participate in 2017
We are thrilled to announce that we will be offering up to 75 Listen for Good grants in 2017.
In order to engage more funders in supporting beneficiary feedback efforts and using the data to inform their work, Listen for Good is structured as a co-funding engagement. To participate in Listen for Good, a nonprofit must be nominated by a current funder (existing or new). If the nonprofit(s) a funder nominates is selected to participate in Listen for Good, the nominating funder will contribute $15,000 of the $45,000 grant total for each nonprofit selected.* Grantees will receive a grant of $45,000 over two years: $30,000 paid the first year and $15,000 the second year.
We will accept proposals from funder-nominated nonprofits until Friday, May 26, 2017 at 11:59pm pacific time. There will be several informational webinars offered to answer applicants’ questions (see below for dates/times and to register). Participation in these webinars is optional and will not influence funding decisions.
There is a lot more information in the Request for Proposal document and the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) documents posted below in Proposal and Related Documents including details about how we define beneficiaries, high quality feedback loops, and the Net Promoter System (NPS®). We strongly encourage organizations to read through these materials before joining a webinar to ask questions.
* Grantees that are nominated by Shared Insight Core Funders are fully funded by the core funder.
Applicant Criteria, Expectations, and Guidelines
In 2017, Fund for Shared Insight is offering Listen for Good grants through a nationwide, open request for proposal (RFP) process.
Applicants must meet the criteria and agree to the expectations and guidelines as follows:
- Applicants must be U.S.-based, 501c3 public charities whose work is focused domestically in the United States (and thus all clients surveyed as part of Listen for Good must be US-based clients).
- Applicants must have a minimum annual budget of $500,000 in the current (2017) and previous (2016) fiscal year.
- Applicants must be customer-facing and thus have ultimate beneficiaries whom they serve from whom it would make sense to collect feedback about their experience with the organization’s programs and/or services.
- Applicants must serve at least 100 beneficiaries annually and have intentions to survey a minimum of 50 respondents for each cycle of Listen for Good.
- Applicants must serve, and plan to implement feedback loops with, clients whose voices are least heard (see FAQs for more detail on what this does – and doesn’t – mean).
- Applicants must be nominated by a co-funder willing to contribute $15,000 to Fund for Shared Insight’s Listen for Good Initiative in support of the grant. All the funder needs to do is confirm with the nonprofit that they will provide this grant. The nonprofit will provide the nominating co-funder information on their submitted application.
EXPECTATIONS and GUIDELINES
- Grant recipients agree to implement the Listen for Good question set with data collection via the SurveyMonkey online platform, to participate in technical assistance offerings provided by Fund for Shared Insight, and to participate in a third party evaluation of the Listen for Good project. In addition to the two-year/$45,000 grant, Listen for Good grantees will receive a fully paid two-year subscription to SurveyMonkey’s platform and benchmarks, as well as two years of technical assistance provided by the Fund for Shared Insight.
- Both grantees and co-funders will have access to specific Shared Insight resources, convenings, etc. throughout the two-year grant.
- Listen for Good implementation can be in one or multiple programs within an organization.
- Through SurveyMonkey, Listen for Good supports data collection in four languages currently: English, Spanish, Chinese (traditional characters), and Vietnamese. Grantees wishing to survey in other languages are free to do so but must manually enter their data into one of these preformatted language surveys on SurveyMonkey’s platform.
Proposal and Related Documents
- Online Request for Proposals (RFP) for Funder-Nominated Nonprofit Organizations - available soon
Please subscribe to our email updates in the page footer to receive notice of our open request for proposal in 2017. Organizations can submit their proposal materials anytime until May 26. 2017 at 11:59pm Pacific time.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Nonprofits – available soon
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Funders - NEW
- Reporting Requirements for Listen for Good grant – available soon
Informational Webinars for Co-Funders and Nonprofit Applicants
We are holding a series of open conference calls to answer questions from potential co-funders about how to nominate a grantee(s) for Listen for Good. Based on previous webinars, we are updating our frequently asked questions (FAQs) documents that will be provided above. Please read these FAQs first before asking your questions via email or the conference calls to make the best use of everyone's valuable time. Thank you!
- Friday, April 7, 9am Pacific/12pm Eastern Register here
- Friday, April 21, 11am Pacific/2pm Eastern Register here
FOR NONPROFIT APPLICANTS
In order to be as clear as possible about our criteria for the Listen for Good requests for proposal (RFP), we are holding a series of open conference calls to hear your questions and provide as many answers as possible. Based on previous webinars, we are updating our frequently asked questions (FAQs) documents that will be provided above. Please read these FAQs first before asking your questions via email or the conference calls to make the best use of everyone's valuable time. Thank you!