Information for Funders
Welcome! You’re here because you want to support the practice of building sustainable, high-quality, client-focused feedback loops. We’re here because we want to help you do just that. Listen4Good can have a significant, positive, and tangible impact on how you do your work, make decisions, and connect with your grantees and their clients.
Update: A new round of co-funded Listen4Good grants is now open. Nonprofits are invited to submit applications through July 17, 2020. See below for how funders can participate.
How Funders Can Participate in Listen4Good
We are so pleased you are interested in participating in Listen4Good. We structured this part of the initiative as a co-funding opportunity in order to engage more funders in supporting client feedback efforts and in using the feedback data to inform their own work.
We invite you to nominate existing grantee(s) and commit to contributing $15,000 of the $30,000 grant total for each nonprofit selected. You may nominate as many grantees as you wish, but we encourage you to prioritize organizations that want to collect feedback from the people they seek to help whose voices are least heard. It is critical to success that applicants want to participate and have the capacity to do so, in addition to having your nomination and co-funding support.
Your participation in L4G is also key. We expect our funding partners, at a minimum, to:
- Participate in a one-hour orientation call with Shared Insight
- Discuss mutual learning goals with nominated grantees
- Hold a session to share learnings with nominated grantees after the organizations receive their first rounds of feedback
Nonprofit? Visit our information page for nonprofits
- Listening Together: A Discussion Guide for Funders and Nonprofits, Feb 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Funders, Aug 2019
- Listen4Good Overview, Jan 2019
- Listen4Good Presentation for Potential Co-Funders, Sep 2017
- Survey of L4G 2018 Nonprofit Participant Experience at Six Months, Sep 2018
- L4G Data Analysis, Aug 2018
- L4G: 2016-2017 Cross-Cohort Findings, Jul 2018
L4G Grants Timeline
Grantee nominations confirmed via email
(Your confirmation includes an agreement to pay a $15,000 matching grant, if application accepted.)
September 26, 2020
Grant decisions announced
(If your nominated grantee(s) is accepted to L4G, Shared Insight will send you a standard, robust set of grant application materials.)
December 31, 2020
Grant funds due
(Co-funder will provide a $15,000 grant per accepted grantee to Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) for Fund for Shared Insight/Listen4Good.)