Theory of Change
Fund for Shared Insight pools financial and other resources to provide grants, coaching, inspiration, and community-building through collaborative philanthropy.
Shared Insight is guided by a theory of change outlining our goals and what we need to do to reach them. Like all of our work, our theory of change is underpinned by a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI).
Our overarching goal is that foundations and nonprofits be meaningfully connected to each other and to the people and communities we seek to help, and more responsive to their input and feedback.
As we progress toward achieving that goal, we believe that the communities and people we seek to help, especially those whose voices are least heard, will be better off in ways they define for themselves.
Our areas of focus are:
- Build the practice of high-quality, client-focused feedback loops among nonprofits
- Build a culture and practice of listening and feedback among foundations
- Build a robust feedback field in the social sector
- Experiment and innovate around meaningful connections in philanthropy
- Encourage our core funders to “walk the walk” of Shared Insight’s commitments and values.
For each of these five work areas, our theory of change lays out the ideas and assumptions behind them; what we have already learned; how our EDI lens is applied; our short-, medium- and long-term goals; and the activities and implementation markers along the way.